The Old Web
This page is part of our "classic" site -- content
that's friendly to old computers: no SSL, no CSS, no security. No
need for anything but content we find interesting.
The old world wide web may not have been pretty, but it was functional, useful and free of algorithmic manipulation. Here's some of my favorite content that still works on retro devices...
Retro Friendly Websites
- FrogFind - A search engine that converts both search results and websites to basic HTML, and consolidates images in order at the top of each page.
- 68k News - A news site that converts Google News stories to basic HTML.
- Wikipedia Proxy (TheOldNet) - The Old Net's proxy to read modern Wikipedia pages with dated browsers.
- Cornica - Video files from the era of QuickTime
- The Old Net - A variety of archival content, plus some new stuff
- Altexxanet - A glimpse into the Internet of the 90s.
Retro Friendly Web Services
- Protoweb - A Proxy to restore the Internet to legacy browsers
- webOS Archive - A collection of projects, docs and tools to keep Palm's webOS online
Retro Friendly Web Browsers
- InterWebPPC - A rebrand of the legendary TenFourFox to keep PowerPC machines online